Five people waiting at a downtown New Orleans bus stop were wounded by gunfire during a police shootout with an armed robbery suspect, authorities said, in a city weekend marred with multiple shootings. The shootout that injured the five bystanders happened Sunday night, and officials said the robbery suspect was killed during an exchange of gunfire between the suspect and officers with the New Orleans Police Department and the Louisiana State Police that stretched over two city blocks. The...
Witness the 13th annual "happiest day of the year," by joining the community in the Krewe of Janus Pet Parade. This is the only pet parade in Northeast Louisiana. Register your pet starting at 11 a.m. in the block of 100 Commerce Street, West Monroe. The theme will be 'Under the Big Top' and as always, all things Mardi Gras. The parade will begin at 1:30 p.m. The Krewe of Janus would like for everyone to follow all the rules put into place to protect the animals and people attending. All...
- Mardi Gras Madness Hits The Twin Cities
- City of Monroe Honors 2019 Pro Football Hall of Famer Johnny Robinson
- DEQ requires Bastrop wood pellet plant to reduce pollution
- Former Richwood Correctional Supervisor Pleads Guilty to Role in Physical Assault of Inmates
- Monroe Water System Changes Disinfectant