PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
The University of Louisiana at Monroe is in search of an experienced, high-energy, and organized individual to lead the Membership Department at 90.3 KEDM Public Radio. The Membership Coordinator is responsible for progressively increasing KEDM’s membership and annual gift revenue.
This part-time position reports directly to the Director of University Broadcasting for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding all members and prospects.
- Develop and implement donor acquisition, engagement and prospecting plans.
- Implement tactics for direct mail and email campaigns, telemarketing, marketing and special events.
- Directly supervise all aspects related to organizing and executing on-air pledge drives
- Perform daily operations, including gift processing, database management, reconciliation, and donor/listener customer services.
- Prepare and send weekly donor acknowledgements, including membership, memorial, and vehicle donations.
- Recruit, supervise, train, and mentor volunteers and student interns.
- Work with staff to identify needs and giving opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to resolve donor/listener concerns.
- Knowledge of financial gift processing, data analysis, and database management.
- Knowledge and understanding of public radio philosophies and goals.
- Knowledge of membership development and fundraising principles and practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Google.
- Bachelor's degree plus at least two years of experience in non-profit fundraising, membership, customer service, or database management.
- Experience with MemSys or Raiser’s Edge donor database.
Commensurate with experience. Appointment is subject to the availability of funds.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Louisiana Monroe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.