About KEDM Public Radio
90.3 KEDM is the listener-supported public radio station for Monroe, West Monroe, and all or parts of eleven parishes of northeast Louisiana and four counties in southeast Arkansas.
The station broadcasts a lineup of in-depth NPR news, Classical, Jazz and a variety of other musical genres, along with special entertainment and other enriching programs.
KEDM began serving the Northeast Louisiana and Southeast Arkansas area on April 23, 1991. On the station's 18th birthday, April 23, 2009, KEDM became the first station in its region broadcasting in HD Radio.
- The University of Louisiana Monroe operates KEDM as a public service.
- We work to inform the public about the events that shape our lives and enrich listeners with the culture that stirs our souls.
- We seek to improve the quality of life in our community by supporting the region's local arts groups, civic groups, and other organizations.
- Our work strives to enhance the social, educational, and cultural reputation of the listening area.
KEDM is affiliated with two public radio networks: National Public Radio (NPR) and American Public Media (APM). NPR provides KEDM with programs such as Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! APM provides quality programs such as Marketplace Morning Report. KEDM also utilizes programming from independent producers, and produces a number of local programs and features as well.
KEDM broadcasts information programming 24/7 on HD Radio channel KEDM Ideas.
Funding for KEDM comes from several sources:
- Memberships - Monetary support by individuals, referred to as "memberships," play an important role for KEDM. Because KEDM does not air commercials, the support received from listeners helps ensure the continuation of quality radio programming for our region.
- Underwriting - Financial contributions provided by businesses and nonprofit organizations are acknowledged by brief on-air announcements. KEDM's underwriters appreciate the station's unique contribution to our community, and value the distinctive qualities of our audience.
- University of Louisiana Monroe - KEDM's licensee provides annual in-kind support in the form of services, facilities, and utilities. The university also provides direct support.
- Grants - Public radio stations across the country receive partial funding through the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), a private, nonprofit corporation created by Congress in 1967. The support KEDM receives from CPB is determined in part by the amount of nonfederal funding the station raises. Other occasional grants fund capital projects for equipment acquisition and facilities improvements.
- Events - Friends of KEDM conducts a number of special fundraising events each year to generate revenue for general station operations.
- Station Management
- KEDM is licensed to the University of Louisiana Monroe, which is governed by the University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors:
|James Carter, Chair|
|Elizabeth Pierre, Vice Chair|
|Jimmy Clarke, Parliamentarian|
|Mildred "Mimi" Methvin|
|Alejandro "Al" Perkins|
- As a general rule, meetings of the University of Louisiana Board of Supervisors do not include discussion that pertains to KEDM. All open meetings of the Board can be found at this link: date, time and place of open meetings. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 396(k)(4), any sessions of the Board that are closed for executive session will be noted in the minutes of that meeting when posted at this link. As of March 3, 2022, the most recent closed (executive) session for which public records are available was held on November 8, 2021 regarding personnel matters. According to the minutes of the meeting, during the executive session, no motions were made nor votes taken.
- Audited Financial Statements and Annual Financial Report to CPB. Copies may be requested by contacting the station during normal business hours. A nominal fee may apply.
- Community Advisory Board: KEDM voluntarily maintains an advisory board made up of members of the listening community. For more information, please contact station management.
- As a recipient of a Community Services Grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, KEDM is required to post information about highly paid staff and contractors. This year, no staff or contractors met the criteria for required posting.
- Local Content and Services Report