STATE AGENCY UPDATES
Louisiana National Guard
- Nearly 3,000 Louisiana National Guard soldiers remain deployed around the state and ready to assist in emergency response situations.
Department of Transportation and Development
- Motorist Assistance Patrol trucks will continue extended 24-hour operations on US 90 between Lafayette and Houma.
Louisiana State Police
- Troopers continue to be deployed throughout the state and in coastal regions patrolling evacuation routes for stalled vehicles and roadway issues. Troopers are also providing escorts for medical personnel to assist in special needs and medical shelter.
- LSP Air Support remains on standby for damage assessment flights in affected areas
- Troopers are being deployed from LSP Headquarters to the Lafayette area to assist with extra patrols
- Troopers are continuing to provide security at shelters across the state.
Louisiana Department of Corrections
- The Department of Corrections is making preliminary plans to return evacuated inmates back to Plaquemines and St. Mary parishes tomorrow morning.
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- LDEQ liaisons have contacted all Louisiana Parishes and facilities to offer support and determine needs.
- LDEQ has received 8 weather related notifications. Once weather permits LDEQ aircraft to fly, the agency will schedule an overflight of affected areas to assess storm impacts.
Department of Children and Family Services
Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Prepardness
- GOHSEP continues to operate at Level 1 Full Activation, with its EOC staffed around the clock to support the state’s response.
- GOHSEP continues to process requests from local emergency managers.
Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority
- CPRA is working with LDWF to conduct drone flights over the barrier islands from Grand Isle westward to Raccoon Island as well as areas where levees were overtopped at Montegut and Bayou Dularge.
- Weather permitting, CPRA and the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries will conduct flyovers of the Plaquemines Parish and Terrebonne Parish levee system.
- CPRA is preparing for post-storm assessments of protection and restoration projects.
Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans homes across the state remain staffed and in contact with parish emergency operations centers.
Louisiana Department of Health
- The department is continuing to monitor health care facilities for generator and fuel availability.
- This morning, LDH assisted in the full evacuation of Iberia Medical Center due to failed generators. 51 patients were transferred to hospitals, 1 patient is enroute to the Mega Shelter in Alexandria, and 2 patients were discharged.
Louisiana Economic Development
- Louisiana Economic Development remains poised to execute storm damage assessment and is coordinating with The Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center.
Louisiana State Fire Marshal
Refresh your page for the latest update: