ULM Homecoming: Soar with Pride
University of Louisiana Monroe Homecoming is October 16-20. The 2018 theme is "Soar with Pride."
"There are a lot of things going on for our students around campus, but as far as the community and alumni are involved, we want to bring you back on campus this week as well," says Melissa Kiper, director of Alumni Affairs.
Some highlights of Homecoming Week include:
- Business Symposium-Tuesday, Oct. 16-Thursday, Oct. 18-The Business Symposium includes panels featuring relevant speakers, such as keynote speaker Baylor Barbee, award-winning author, speaker, and triathlete.
- The University Mile-Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 5:30 p.m.-Starting at Hemphill Hall and ending at the Activities Center, the University Mile offers a chance for registered runners and walkers to walk a mile along the ULM Campus.
- Laird Weems Center Ribbon Cutting Ceremony- Friday, Oct. 19 at 10:30 a.m.-The new Laird Weems Center is officially opening to the public in this free event.
- Water Ski Showcase-Friday, Oct. 19, 4-5 p.m., Laird Weems Bayou Terrace- The ULM Water Ski Team, which recently won its 29th National Championship, is giving a free performance on the bayou.
- Pep Rally and Homecoming Court Presentation-Friday, Oct. 19 at 5 p.m., Laird Weems Bayou Terrace- See the king and queen be crowned at this free public event.
- Hawktoberfest- Friday, Oct. 19 at 5:30 p.m., Alumni Association Grove Spot- New to Homecoming this year, Hawktoberfest is a tasting of locally brewed and distributed beers. The event was suggested by President Nick Bruno. In addition to beer tastings, the event has live entertainment, food trucks, and non-alcoholic beverages for underage attendees. The cost to attend is $10.
A full list of events is available here.