Give the Joy of Learning with KEDM
Every year, KEDM offers you the chance to make a difference to the youth of our community by helping students in need.
This holiday season, your tax-deductible year-end gift to KEDM will enrich your life with another year of great programming while helping children gain a brighter future.
This year, your gift will give the joy of learning.
Through KEDM's Holiday Drive and Year End Campaign, you can help send local second graders home with a book for the holidays.
By giving only $20 to KEDM, you can place a book in the hands of a child. $100 donated sends 5 children home with books for the holidays. This kind of gift can make an impact that will last a lifetime by promoting growth through lifelong learning.
With your help, KEDM was able to provide more than 1,300 books to 2nd and 3rd graders in 11 schools last year, and we want to do better this year! Our goal for the upcoming Give the Joy of Learning campaign is to contribute 1,400 books to students.
Over 72% of Louisiana public school fourth graders are unable to read at grade level, according to The Institute of Educational Science's Nation's Report Card for 2021. This is an epidemic that we can cure! By working together, we can effectively make a difference, putting books directly into the hands of those children who need them most.
It takes a pencil to write a story, a book to open a mind, and a small donation to make a difference! Join us as we light the path to academic excellence and combat low reading levels.
KEDM Staff and volunteers will deliver books to the following schools starting December 12:
- City of Monroe: Barkdull Faulk Elementary, Berg Jones Elementary, Carver Elementary, Clara Hall Elementary, Madison J. Foster Elementary, Jefferson Elementary, Minnie Ruffin Elementary, Roy Neal Shelling Elementary
- Ouachita Parish: Lenwil Elementary, Robinson Elementary, Shady Grove Elementary, Swayze Elementary
- Lincoln Parish: Glen View Elementary, Lincoln Prep School
- Union Parish: Union Parish Elementary
- Jackson Parish: Jonesboro Hodge Elementary
- Morehouse Parish: Delta Elementary, Morehouse Elementary
KEDM deeply appreciates Give the Joy of Learning campaign sponsors Kiwanis Club of Greater Ouachita, Origin Bank, Booth Wealth Management, Friends of KEDM, and our partnership with the United Way of Northeast Louisiana. Special thanks also to the Neville High School chapter of the National Honor Society for helping wrap and pack the boxes.