Bayou Jamb is Friday, August 24 and Saturday, August 25 at ULM Malone Stadium. The event includes football games, activities, and community involvement.
Bayou Jamb began as a way to raise money and give back to the community. The event centers around football, but features food, activities for kids, and live music as well. Bayou Jamb is the biggest high school sports event in Louisiana.
The football game line-ups are as follows:Friday, August 24
- 6 p.m. – St. Frederick vs. Jonesboro-Hodge
- 8 p.m. – Sterlington vs. Bastrop
Saturday, August 25
- 1 p.m. – Jena vs. Ouachita Christian School
- 3 p.m. – Mangham High School vs. Oak Grove
- 5:00 p.m. – Ouachita vs. Ruston
7:00 p.m. – Neville vs. West Monroe
The Grove opens Saturday at 11 a.m. Battle of the Bands features local musicians rocking out for a chance to win a cash prize. Two of the bands are made up of high schoolers.