Biden-Harris administration announces over $3.3 million investment into Louisiana communities
Delta Regional Authority(DRA) is awarding over $3.3 million in investments to nine projects in LA. These new projects will improve basic public infrastructure, transportation, and support business development across Louisiana and are projected to create or retain over 300 jobs, train 80 individuals and affect over 4,000 families.
The following projects received SEDAP funding in Louisiana:
- The NOVA Rural Workforce Development Program project in Monroe, Louisiana, has been awarded $105,000 to provide job training and employment-related education in public education institutions in Northeast Louisiana.
- The Ochsner LSU New Helipad Construction project in Shreveport, Louisiana, has been awarded more than $355,000 to build a helipad adjacent to the hospital’s emergency room.
- The Leonville Wastewater Treatment Plan Improvements project in Leonville, Louisiana, has been awarded $500,000 for various improvements to the town’s wastewater treatment facility.
- The Town of Jonesboro Water Treatment Improvements project in Jonesboro, Louisiana, has been awarded more than $573,000 to provide a water well and treatment plant for the Town of Jonesboro.
- The Madison Port Railcar Company Building Improvements project in Tallulah, Louisiana, has been awarded more than $487,000 for various improvements to the Madison Port Building.
- The Economic Development Street Improvements – Gin Road Rehabilitation project in Rayville, Louisiana, has been awarded more than $356,000 to overlay a portion of Gin Road.
- The Town of Sunset – Wastewater Treatment Facility Rehabilitation project in Sunset, Louisiana, has been awarded $500,000 to rehabilitate the Town of Sunset’s current wastewater treatment plant.
- The Village of Grayson Painting of Elevated Tank project in Grayson, Louisiana, has been awarded more than $237,000 to repair and paint a 50,000-gallon elevated water storage tank.
- The Earn and Learn to Advance Care: In-Hospital Pharmacy Tech Training project in New Orleans, Louisiana, has been awarded more than $222,000 to expand the Adult Rapid Reskill Program, which provides an accelerated certification and employment program within the healthcare industry.
Additional information about SEDAP is available at States’ Economic Development Assistance Program - Delta Regional Authority (dra.gov).