Congressman Ralph Abraham, M.D., R-Alto, announced that Allison Litwin of West Monroe has won the 2019 Congressional High School Art Competition for Louisiana’s 5th District. High school students from throughout the nation compete annually for the opportunity to have a piece of artwork displayed in the United States Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. Litwin’s art will hang among other winners from congressional districts across the country in the Capitol for a year, beginning this summer....
The Hawkeye , the student-run newspaper of the University of Louisiana at Monroe, won first place for best newspaper at the “Best of the South” awards hosted by the Southeast Journalism Conference. The Hawkeye beat over 30 other school newspapers for the SEJC award. Sisam Shrestha, editor-in-chief of The Hawkeye and a senior atmospheric science major, said her team’s success comes from their commitment to the product. “It’s mostly the drive and the passion that we as editors have and our...
- Trump Administration Invokes Executive Privilege Over Mueller Report
- Halima Aden Is First To Wear A Burkini In 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue
- Pentagon Idles Program To Recover Troops' Remains As North Korea Goes Silent
- Iran Says It Will Stop Complying With Parts Of Nuclear Deal, A Year After U.S. Left It
- North Korea's Newest Missile Appears Similar To Advanced Russian Design