Monroe Police

Monroe Police Officer Ayrian Williams died Monday night while trying to assist her fellow officers in south Monroe. The accident happened around 6:45 p.m. when her police car attempted to avoid a road hazard on S. 8th Street in Monroe.  Her vehicle left the roadway and impacted a large tree. Emergency medical personnel took the officer to St. Francis Hospital where she died due to her injuries. 

A Monroe Police officer died while responding to a radio dispatch call. The accident happened at 7 p.m. on Monday. The officer was killed after her police car left the roadway and struck a tree on S. 8th Street in Monroe.  

The name of the officer has not been released pending notification of the family. 


The investigation by Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Investigators into the recent theft of two UTV’s has led to the arrest of one suspect and a warrant for a second.  Jeremy Burton, Jr., age 17 of Monroe, has been arrested and booked into OCC charged with two counts of Theft of a Motor Vehicle.

Monroe Police Department

The City of Monroe has announced the establishment of a memorial fund on behalf of the family of Monroe Police Officer Chris Beaudion. He was killed in a single-vehicle car crash early Sunday morning while on duty. Those wishing to make contributions  to the Chris Beaudion Memorial Fund can do so by contacting any Iberia bank location. Beaudion's funeral will be held in his hometown of Natchitoches this Saturday.  



Monroe Mayor Jamie Mayo has named Major Eugene Ellis to the position of police chief. Ellis is a 31-year veteran of the Monroe Police Department.  He will replace outgoing Monroe Police Chief Dr. Quentin Holmes, who recently announced his retirement, effective July 31, 2017.

Major Ellis is a 31 year veteran of the department. He began his career in Monroe as a patrolman and held positions in narcotics, intelligence, administration and internal affairs. 

A new police chief will be hired in the next four to six months using the following plan:

The Monroe Police Department  is seeking information in a shooting incident that occurred on Monday, February 6 in Monroe.  

The shooting happened on Mississippi Street on Monroe's Southside.  

One person was airlifted to Shreveport with an injury to the leg, 

MPD is still looking for the shooter.

A Pop-A-Lock worker was robbed early Tuesday morning in Monroe. Monroe Police says the incident occurred at 2:30 a.m. on Deloach Street.  

The worker arrived to unlock a vehicle and saw a black male standing near the car. The locksmith returned to his vehicle to retrieve tools. When he returned another man appeared holding a gun. 

The suspects stole the locksmith vehicle and a gun he had for personal protection. 

No arrest have been made in connection with the robbery.

Flaming Vehicle Chase Ends With Two Arrested

Sep 12, 2016
Ouchita Parish Sheriff's Office

Monroe Police arrested two residents early Sunday morning after a high speed chase down U.S. 165.

A Sterlington police officer was in the middle of a routine traffic stop when he noticed a white vehicle which also appeared to be on fire, sped right by him, failing to give the officer space.

With the vehicle topping speeds of over 100 miles per hour, police chased the vehicle all the way down U.S. 165 and on to Desiard Street.

Monroe PD Donates Used Police Cars to GSU

Sep 7, 2016

Monroe Mayor Jamie Mayo and Monroe Police Chief Quentin Holmes have agreed to donate two used Police units to the Grambling State University Police Department. The donation was approved at the last Monroe City Council meeting.

The two Ford Crown Victoria vehicles were previously used for patrol by the Monroe Police Department. 

Mayor Mayo says, “This donation will help strengthen ties between universities and the city.”

The Monroe City Council has agreed to put a request to purchase out to bid for body cameras for the police department.

Police Chief Quentin Holmes has pursued adding the extra measure of accountability for his department.  The council's action allows Holmes to advertise for 170 cameras to be used by field personnel.  Total cost is expected to be around $84,000.